[at-l] Touching the Void

I saw the movie, and even though I knew what to expect, I didn't expect it
to be such a nail biter!  Wow. I don't who I felt most sorry for, Simon or
Joe.  I don't see how Simon could NOT have cut the rope.  Had  he not cut the
rope, he'd be in the same precarious position as his  buddy.

Also,  although I really can't say because I will NEVER be climbing  the
sheer face of some mountain in Peru, but if I were, and I found myself with  a
broke leg and hanging in thin air, I'd prolly try and do SOMETHING.  What  other
choice do you have? Hang out and die?  They'd find me  dead trying, not
hanging around like a danged tree ornament.  And  obviously, this movie/book was
Joe's account, and he obviously forgives his  climbing buddy, so what's up with
the rest of the climbing world?

Anyway, it was good, and a good alternative to Farenheit 9/11 which I  didn't
get to see because tickets have been sold out since last Friday.   Next week.

GoVols