[at-l] Lebanon man falls off slope near trail

CD> Now  the questions are:
CD>
CD> 1- Is carrying a cell phone when hiking a good thing  or  a bad thing?

Well,  it's not a _bad_ thing if you follow Miss Manners' simple rules
for  hiking  with a cell phone (Miss Manners is a serious hiker and an
ultralight pioneer), in which case it becomes a glorified whistle:

1.  Grab cell phone
2.  Turn off
3.  Throw in pack
4.  Go hiking
5.  If emergency, call for help
6.  Repeat steps 2 through 4

CD> 2- Should we just allow "natural selection" in situations  described  below?

This happened near me. It's near Kimmel Overlook, about 1/4 mile trail
south   of   Route  501  and  the  501 Shelter. A big party place. The
article doesn't say, but I suspect these guys weren't hikers.

CD> 3- Why does the url demand your zipcode (90210) and year of birth (1901) and gender (F)?

The newspaper, which gives you its content for free, wants to get some
anonymous  demographics on its online users.  Nothing wrong with that.
Some  newspaper  websites  make  you  register  with  a  username and
password.