[at-l] Rain gear and gaiters

In a message dated 6/24/2004 10:29:44 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
shellydhale@earthlink.net writes:

True.  True.  But, you have to carry more in order to drink  more right?

What came first?  The chicken or the egg?  Who' s on  first?  LOL
(Sheesh...we should call you Semantics Dog!   LOL)

Shelly Hale

**

LOL!
Drink a litre at the source (carry it inside you), only carry a  litre with
you.
Or drink one carry 2.

Water is a very personal thing, never let anyone tell you how much to  carry
or drink. Use these emails as a guideline, experiment for yourself to see
what your needs are. We are all built different & have different  hydration
needs.

I rarely carried less than 2 liters, and on a couple hot days I  carried 3
litres (I
drank them all  and was still dehydrated.).  I will also say that  I found
out the
hard way that I can stretch half a litre for 12-13 miles. I think Mags is a
much
more efficient hiker than I am (he's a hiking machine!), I was never
hydrated
enough for the whole 2,172.6 miles no matter how much water I drank and
carried. I sweat off more than I can drink, or carry... I'm a sweat  hog.

Sweat Dog