[at-l] Connecticut Trails in one book

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=12089085&BRD=2303&PAG=461&dept_id=478976&rfi=6

With the abundance of public lands in Connecticut, it can sometimes become a dizzying exercise in memory retention to keep them all straight.

just one paragraph from the article:

For instance, did you know that Mount Tom, which straddles the border of Washington and Litchfield, supposedly gets it name from the plethora of "old toms" or wild turkeys that used to inhabit its slopes?
Or that the Mohawk Trail, which runs from near Cornwall Bridge to just south of Falls Village, was originally part of the Appalachian Trail but was split off after a more "stable" trail was created to the west?

For your Connecticut reading pleasure.

Coosa Donaldson
<this space for rent>
Casey&Crockett Donaldson
We think, therefore we hike!
We also kayak, so we're 'deep' thinkers, too.
Shop Local, Shop Often
Blairsville, Georgia, USofA