[at-l] What do you use as rain gear?

Ken writes:

> Cut  slits for the pack straps
> and slip the bag down over the backpack (top of  backpack first). Pull the
> pack straps out the slit, then pull the waist  belt thru the slit. If you
> are
> using a garbage bag, you probably have  enough bag hangin' below your
> backpack to tie the corners loosely together  to keep it from blowing.

This is how I fashioned my garbage bag "pack cover," over the pack, not in
it.  I also reinforced the "slits" with duct tape to keep them from tearing.
When not in use, during rainy times, I just rolled it up and stuck the bulk of
material through the lift loop  and out of the way.  The bag I used happened to
be a perfect size and fit snuggly around my z-rest attached to the bottom of
my pack.  I also used only ONE on the entire CDT, although I did have to
repair a coulpe holes with small patches of duct tape.  I was surprised it lasted
the whole way considering the amount bushwhacking we did.

My clothing didn't do as nearly as well, crossing over and under all the
barbed wire fences.  How many barbed wire fences were there, did you keep a tab?

Sly