[at-l] trashbag skirt

I am glad to see Jan continue to trumpet the trashbag skirt.
This list is not only good for those of us hoping to hike the AT and
searching here for trailwise tips but also to validate episodes from our dark pasts.

I recently found a picture from out in Estes Nat'l Park in 1973 where I am
looking at a map.  As the rain came up the thought of pulling my trusty Kelty
pack off and foraging through its bowels for my rain paints was so discouraging.
 I'd also have to take my boots off to get the pants on.  I reached around
and pulled a translucent trashbag out of a side pocket.  I cut the bottom of the
bag with my knife and pulled them over my boots and shorts.

Huzzah!  All the benefits Jan talked about and none of the hassle.  Well,
that's not true.  My college roommate hassled my sartorial efforts and of course
had to document this on film. So yes, photos exist of me in a translucent
skirt and even tho' I'm wearing perfectly decent shorts I still catch grief to
this day.

I'm 50 now and utilize a more demure black trashbag when it rains.

David