[at-l] Rain gear and gaiters

--- Shelly Hale <shellydhale@earthlink.net> wrote:
> But, since it is so much more arid out west, don't
> you actually make up
> weight by carrying more water out there?

Can't say that I do.

Tend to carry 1 ltr/every 5 miles. Unless I am hiking
more than 5 miles between water sources, will not
carry more than one liter.

This will often happen on high ridges in which case I
carry two. So, at the most, would be carry two pounds
more than I would carry than say in Vermont.

Of course, in desert hiking all bets are off. :-)

=====
--Thoreau
http://www.magnanti.com