From: "Coosa Donaldson" <lorac4491@linkamerica.net>
To: "AT-L" <at-l@backcountry.net>
Sent: Thursday, June 24, 2004 8:04 AM
Subject: [at-l] Re: Gaiters

Just wear Chacos and you won't need gaiters.

Wear them with SealSkinz when it's cold.

BTW, "Bombproof" aka Gortex-lined boots may "keep the water out" but
remember, any water that's IN the boot cannot escape, so you may end up
walking in "flooded shoes" and "wrinkled feet" longer in a "waterproof"
boot.

The idea of trying to keep dry is just to keep "less wet" because you're
going to become wet out on the Trail no matter what you do.  There's no way
to stay completely dry every rainy day on the Trail.

Which leads me to my final point:  A wet day on the Trail is better than a
dry day at work!

Coosa

Coosa Donaldson
<this space for rent>