  From: Doug Mathews
  To: GoVolsKelly@aol.com ; shellydhale@earthlink.net
  Cc: at-l@backcountry.net
  Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2004 9:59 PM
  Subject: Re: [at-l] Gaiters

  I liked them because they kept dirt, trash , out of my boots. I lost my first pair in NY and before I could get another pair, a rock got in my boot one day and ate a hole in my sock!  Otherwise, I might have only worn out one pair of socks the entire trip.

  Oh, if I had gone barefoot......you would have seen what a real "tenderfoot" looks like!

  Doug