[at-l] And so Bryan Reveals Himself

Well...an ex-climber anyway from the 70's in Yosemite. And 5.9 was my lead
limit so I was no ball-of-fire. But this new crop of climbers seem to be
adrenaline deprived. A day on a big wall would keep my nether orifice
puckered all day. A quote I recall from someone comparing sky-diving with
technical rock climbing that stuck with me was: "When you jump from a plane
you can be terrified for 3 or 4 minutes but when you climb you can be
terrified all day long."

But a lot of these young atheletes seem to seek the very razor edge between
fun ( aka terror) and death. I was of the old Yosemite Climber
school..methodical and careful.

Bryan

 Lex et Libertas -- Semper Vigilo, Paratus, et Fidelis!