[at-l] Re: Worried Mama

Thanks everyone!  Daughter is having the time of her life and Mama is biting
her nails up to her elbows!  She REALLY appreciated the support.  A great
trip report follows from a very relieved mother.
Tin Man
************************
email(s) from Robin...

Hey, y'all are amazing!
I love this AT group!!!
She did stay at White's Landing and changed her bug spray there to 100%
deet.
Had one, "not quite waist high" ford, but fords are going well.
Thanks for putting out the word.  I was just starting to get that "mama
feeling" and then she called!!!!
Thanks everybody!!!  I really appreciate not only your love and help to the
hikers, but the love and help to the family so we can be supportive and
encouraging on this end.  It means a lot.  Thanks and God bless you!!!!

> HEY, SHE JUST CALLED....WELL ACTUALLY AN HOUR OR SO AGO...WE TALKED
> FOREVER!!!
> HITCHED A RIDE INTO MONSON (ARRIVED IN TOWN 2:30 PM) WITH A REALLY NICE
> FELLOW WHO TOOK HER STRAIGHT TO THE POST OFFICE....AND SHE HAS HER NEW
LIGHT
> FROM YOU AND SHE IS SO EXCITED.
>
> She couldn't handle the Russian after two days and pressed on without him.
> Started the Katahdin climb with another couple but they fell back the
first
> day and she hasn't seen them either. She met the NOBO fellow (Magic may be
> his trail name, but don't quote me!) who will be the first NOBO to reach
> Katahdin this year.  Tasha said he may have done it by now.  Really nice
guy
> and they had fun chatting a bit.
> Said she was totally listening to her body and stopped one day probably
> around 2:30pm she guesses.
> Her watch battery died on Katahdin so she's had no idea really what the
time
> is; pretty certain she's up about 5:00 or 5:30am but doesn't know what
time
> she stops.
> Actually has been hiking solitary a lot and she LOVES MAINE!!!
> She said the MOOSE are big hulking creatures and they're everywhere.
> Seems to have come through the Wilderness with flying colors.  Weather is
> much hotter than she thought.
> She was really happy. She told me she didn't know how to put it into
words.
> She said your stove is "the money" and she can't for the life of her
figure
> out why people have these big hulking stove contraptions.
> She sounded great, making adjustments and fording steams wisely (my big
> fear!!!)
> She gave me blow-by-blow stream crossing details and that made me feel
> better.
> She wanted to hang up and call her sister and her two brothers.
> Thanks, Tinman!  She was so excited to get your note and the light.
> I'll keep you posted.
>
> Robin Sue Purcell
> KPMG LLP
> 1660 International Drive
> McLean, VA 22012
> > rpurcell@kpmg.com

You
> are asking all the appropriate worried Mama type questions...good job.
She
> will be fine.  You really ought to plan to meet her and hike a few days(or
> weeks?).  Keep me posted about her progress.
> George
>
> Hey list, Can anyone give Robin an idea of when Tasha should surface in
> Monson?
> Tin Man

I'm

*