[at-l] Re: at-l Digest, Vol 14, Issue 15 - touching the void

<<The judgment is divided.  Climbers can be ruthless is their scathing
judgments of one another.  Not all agree that it was the right thing to do.  He knew
what he would have to face when he got out, if he got out at all.  I think I
heard that he has been allowed back in the climbing community since, but there
will always be those who would never go on an expedition, putting their lives
in his hands, again.>>

And that is pretty much where the NBC piece came out.  If I climbed, I'd probably go with either of these guys (I vaguely recall that only the one who cut the line still climbs).  They understand what one needs to do to survive out there under bad conditions - my kind of folks.

Black&blue