[at-l] Re: at-l Digest, Vol 14, Issue 15

In a message dated 6/15/2004 10:55:01 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
at-l-request@backcountry.net writes:

> If they all think it
> was the right thing to do under the circumstances, why the scorn over doing
> what they believe was the right thing to do?

The judgment is divided.  Climbers can be ruthless is their scathing
judgments of one another.  Not all agree that it was the right thing to do.  He knew
what he would have to face when he got out, if he got out at all.  I think I
heard that he has been allowed back in the climbing community since, but there
will always be those who would never go on an expedition, putting their lives
in his hands, again.

Kinnickinic