[at-l] Celebrating the Trail

http://www.cumberlink.com/articles/2004/06/10/weekly/news02.txt

Duncannon residents call them "the herd." From May to August, the main streets of the Perry County borough are optimum spots for hiker sightings.

The Appalachian Trail leads right through town and through-hikers ? those who are attempting the entire 2,000-plus miles from Maine to Georgia ? often mail packages to themselves for pick-up at the post office, eat at downtown restaurants or visit local businesses.

"We welcome them," says Nanci Lycett, who sees hikers walking both in front and back of her home between Market and High streets.

I'll let you read the rest of the story.
Coosa Donaldson