[at-l] Continuing Land Sales in Maine's North Woods

RoksnRoots@aol.com writes:

> As far as "condos and hand waving" - I did see this in the
> article:
>

>     " They are expanding and modernizing the ski operation and plan to
> build more condominiums. "

 A small part of the problem, really. It's those few (perhaps only just the
one) who claim the threat to the North Woods and the A.T. corridor is from
phantoms and not  from actual the popular sham 'protection' agreements that allow
commercial development and logging (like the AMC's sweetheart deal), Gov.
Baldacci's pro-logging/pro-windmill/pro-paper industry/pro-commercial exploitation
of the North Woods policies, abuse by lease holders, the looming east-west
trans-state highway proposal, and legal snake-orgys like the one that produced
the TNC's transfer of a mortgage on tens of thousands of acres so that logging
could take place on the land their members have paid them to protect.
 The threats to the Maine North Woods are very real. It's hard to understand
why anyone would deny them, especially when it's someone like Weary.
 By the way, if Weary's posts haven't turned you off to the Maine Appalachian
Trail Land Trust yet, an informative webpage is at www.matlt.org
 hope this helps,
 TJ