[at-l] Walmart

Since everyone seems to be talking about Wal-Mart I guess it is not
considered "off topic".  I have a cyberfriend in Texas who was working at
Wal-Mart when she suddenly became ill (with a brain tumor).  She is totally
unable to work and Wal-Mart is continuing to give her paychecks.  Plus they
have had a couple of benefits for her to help with her medical expenses.
Her husband is overwhelmed with all the emotional and financial help she has
gotten from Wal-Mart.  We do much of our grocery shopping at a Wal-Mart as
it is so much cheaper for most, but not all, food items.  However, I still
purchase items at local stores when I am able to afford them.  If the costs
are much lower people will drive a distance to shop anyhow.  It is harder
now with the higher gas prices.  But when you are counting your money,
Wal-Mart gives you more for your money.  I compare prices before I shop and,
if something is selling for the same price I will buy it locally.  But that
is rarely the case.  Today the gas here was still up close to $2 but, nearer
to North Carolina it was down to $1.78.  So where would you purchase your
gas?

Hummingbird