[at-l] dog food

I was wondering how people delt with dog food on a thru hike. I heard it was
best to stick with one kind of food, so I found a high calorie, high protein
dog food (Nutro Natural Choice High Energy). How do people deal with mail drops
for dog food? Would it be possible to buy the food as we went? Also, how much
should we be feeding a dog on a thru hike? She is a medium sized shepard mix
and we have been feeding her about four cups of regular food a day. Thanks.