[at-l] North Maine Woods

>Roxanne Quimby, a former "back-to-the-land" hippie, who in a bit more than a decade went from carrying water to her electricity-less house to CEO of a national cosmetics and health care company she grew from scratch<

Not just any cosmetics and health care company, Weary.  She's the CEO of Burt's Bees, with products that have become ubiquitous in this country.  She's done an amazing job with taking her boyfriend's honey and creating a major corporation  around it.  I'm in awe.  The company started in Guilfoy, Maine, moved to Raleigh, NC, then to Durham, NC.  The hippies who have succeeded in business have changed the face of America.  The guy who started Celestial Seasonings teas is another one.

anklebear