[at-l] Wal-Mart & Vermont

Beau wrote (by the way, welcome Beau, you lurker!)

####Vermonter's just don't see this as progress.  Sorry about the rant but I do
know you understand.
Btw I love you sig line "Shop Local, Shop Often"

I, too, like the line "Shop local, Shop Often."  How else can we preserve what is near and dear to our hearts?  Do Walmart employees know or even care that little Janie has a cold or that Grandma passed away?  No.  They're so damned busy they could care less.  Next isle, no lines, no waiting.  Meanwhile, at the farmer's market, the fact that Janie has a cold and Grandma died is known and passed along, so that Janie's mother gets a covered dish on her door step from a neighbor and the whole damned town shows up to grandma's funeral.  Screw a bunch of Walmart cheap shit.  It only takes a locally owned, small market to keep a community together.

That's my opinion, and that's that, smarty cat.

GoVols