[at-l] Wal-Mart WAS Confusering

Hotdog,

Depends on your shopping perspective and what you are looking for in terms of price/value. Several stores provide a much better shopping experience as well as support for the local community (Target & locally owned stores).

As far as the big boxes go and IMHO, Target presents a much more pleasant experience(if shopping is pleasant at all) than that of our local Wal-Mart.

Our Wal-Mart is: dirty, dark,crowded with merchandise, hard to get around in, staffed by indifferent clerks who usually cannot help you find anything, and the store has an offensive smell. Our Target, OTOH is clean, well-lit, has wide isles, and has a helpful staff. I've found that Target is slightly higher in price but not enough to drive me to shop at Wal-Mart. My circle of acquaintences tends to agree. We just cannot figure out why anyone would want to shop at Wal-Mart, given the small price differential. If this rationale doesn't speak very highly for us, then so be it. The Wal-Morons crack was mainly to describe many of the drivers in the Wal-Mart parking lot, not to characterize all patrons of Wal-Mart. If I offended you, I apologize.

To make this trail-related, I think both stores offer crappy hiking equipment, with a few exceptions.

broknspoke