[at-l] A 52.4 mile jaunt.... (longish)

At 05:15 PM 6/1/2004 -0400, TrailR@aol.com wrote:
>Thanks for the post! What an accomplishment. I felt the pain, even though
>it wasn't written... memories of the pain from my marathon.

I expected pain (and exhaustion) after running the Burlington, VT marathon
in 1994 but experienced neither. What I did feel was exhilaration.

>After I ran my marathon in 1990, I was asked if I would do another  one...
>I said HELL NO!!! Of course I hurt my knee a year later and never did
>another one

I never did another either. I planned to but job and family
responsibilities got in the way of training (I couldn't just go from your
routine daily 5 mile runs to a 26+ miler without a training period) and in
May 1997 my knees made me stop running. It was either that or quit walking
within a year or two. May you have indestructible knees Paul.