[at-l] A 52.4 mile jaunt.... (longish)

In a message dated 6/1/2004 3:49:09 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
pmags@yahoo.com writes:

Today I  am still a little sore, but well on my way to
recovering. Will I do another  ultra? Sunday the answer
was HELL NO!!!! Today? Hey..maybe I can do a  100
miler! :-)

***
Thanks for the post! What an accomplishment. I felt the pain, even though
it wasn't written... memories of the pain from my marathon.
After I ran my marathon in 1990, I was asked if I would do another  one...
I said HELL NO!!! Of course I hurt my knee a year later and never did
another
one, but after Thruhiking the AT last year, I'm thinking... Hmmm...... I
haven't
even been in a race since my knee surgery, but recently I got the bug  again,
and am starting my running again from scratch. More walking than  running,
but hey.... That's how I started running last time, and it got me to 26.2
miles...
I wonder where it will get me this time? Hmm.... I turn 50 next year, I
wonder
what I should do to celebrate?   Cheese Danish, you say? I could  maybe put a
candle in it... :-)
hotdog