[at-l] Stormy weather

In a message dated 6/1/2004 1:41:01 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
shellydhale@earthlink.net writes:

During  that storm and walking through some of the downed trees across the
trail, I  wondered the same things.  What is it like to camp in severe
weather  such as this?
*
Very scary.... You wait for something to fall on you.
*

How does  one pick the best camp site during such
weather when visibility is down and  it's hard to judge what is above and
around you?
*
Do the best you can, and pray a lot.
*

What's  it like to set up a tent in pouring rain?
*
Well, it sucks, so you do what you can to make it better. I used to try  &
find
a big pine tree to block some of the rain (I would set up under it).
*

How will  I
feel after a week of wearing soggy to slightly damp clothing day after  day
after day?
*
Wet.... But a week of being wet in the woods is still a week in the  woods,
which is a very good thing. Once I got dry in my tent, put on my dry set of
clothes, all memory of being wet was forgotten (till next time). Life was
good!
*

How does  one survive emotionally through that?
*
Adapt, outwit, survive. Attitude, attitude, attitude...
Without a positive attitude, anything can get you down.
WITH a positive attitude, it's all little stuff...
hotdog AT03

Shelly Hale