RE: [at-l] NOW Wal-Mart... WAS Confusering in VT

Ok so competition is alive and well, just what I want to see in this
country. As for food prices, I've heard that the food business is one with a
razor thin profit margin, something around 1-2% overall on gross sales in
big supermarkets. So I wouldn't expect to see prices that much lower
anywhere.

It does suprise me to find that Florida supermarket prices seem to be on the
low side generally. When we travel cross country prices almost always seem
to be higher, often a lot higher than what we normally pay at home for the
same items. A major exception is beef in the midwest which, no surprise, is
much cheaper.

Bryan

 Lex et Libertas -- Semper Vigilo, Paratus, et Fidelis!