[at-l] Baltimore Jack in the news

There's also a nice picture of Pat Peoples sitting on the steps of Kincora.  anklebear
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Ryan Crawford
  To: at-l@backcountry.net
  Sent: Sunday, May 30, 2004 10:46 PM
  Subject: [at-l] Baltimore Jack in the news

  I happened to be in Wal-Mart today and decided for the heck
  of it to pop into the magazine isle.  First thing I noticed
  was that National Geographic Advanture magazine was doing a
  bit on The Great Hikes in the June/July issue.  I pulled it
  off the shelf and saw that they were showing the The Best of
  the Big Three.  I looked inside and found what page the
  articles started on and low and behold a beautiful shot of
  McAfee Knob.  I continued and came to a pullout on the AT.
  While looking around at the info they had on the AT I saw a
  mention of the Barefoot Sister.  Then on the opposite side
  of the page I noticed this picture.  The face looked REAL
  familiar.  I knew that face, it was Baltimore Jack up by the
  Mt. Washington sign.  They have a few lines from him right
  underneath talking about some of the hiking legends, they
  definitely making mention of him being a hiking legend
  anymore at the age of 45. Dang I didn't think he was that
  much older than me.  I thought he was only around 40.

  To say the least I ended up buying a copy of it since him
  and I summited together on our first complete thru-hike, my
  only one and his first full thru-hike.  It also included
  other nice pullout on the PCT and CDT.  It gives some of the
  comparisons between the trails, including some definitely
  shocking comparisons, like which trail has the most vertical
  climbing, and which has the highest stretch for 40-50 miles.

  Definitely an interesting series of articles on the long
  distance hiking trails.

  Ryan "MEANT 2B" Crawford
  Sunapee, NH
  GAME '97, MSG '01, SRK '03