Re: [at-l] NOW  Wal-Mart... WAS Confusering in VT

In a message dated 5/28/04 12:36:00 PM, ellen@clinic.net writes:

> But not all things are cheap. My Wal-Mart is selling coke 12 packs for
> $3.29. The price at the supermarket is $2.50. A year ago I checked the price of
> denatured alcohol. Wal-Mart was 30 percent more expensive than the local
> TrueValue Hardware Store.

            ***     Yes. I forgot to add that to my post about Walmart.
Walmart practices the same profit-maximizing as any other corporation. Soda is 3.38
a 12 pack. You can get it cheaper on sale at supermarkets and gas stations.
They have other items that are just as expensive as the supermarket. You will
see real deals, but have no doubt there's a strategy involved in their aisles.
Obviously, from their 100's billion profits, they could really drop food
prices and still be profitable if low-costs were a true objective...