[at-l] Confusering [OT]

In a message dated 5/27/04 11:04:46 Eastern Daylight Time,
GoVolsKelly@aol.com writes:

> What in the name of God did our nations poor do before Walmarts came along

You are too young to remember when people baked their own bread?  Some people
made their own clothes.  Even today in our throwaway economy some people
repair their clothing (darn socks, repair umbrellas, etc.) like they used to in
the old days.  Ever hear of the people who used to turn the collars on shirts?
Most people just throw stuff away and go out and buy new.  A lot of people
refuse to hand down clothing to their younger children but no doubt you have
heard of "hand-me-downs."

If you don't need to save the penny or two on a loaf of bread then shop
wherever you want.  My only argument is that people should have the ability to
choose where they shop.  Heck, the Internet offers multiple choices for everyone
-- if you have access to a computer.  We who frequent this space do.

Skylander