[at-l] Confusering in VT (Walmart)

In a message dated 5/27/04 09:58:59 Eastern Daylight Time, Slyatpct writes:

> but it appears big box retailers and their shoppers have no problem selling
> out the rest of America for the sake of a few bucks.

Selling out?  I thought they were selling to America.  Capitalism is not a
bad concept.  It works.  It sure beats Communism.  The state run businesses have
a difficult time with their workers and with attracting customers.
Competition hones the mind and keeps people interested in the many choices that are out
there.

Oh, and the idea that we should only buy American?  People would do so if
American products were higher in quality to other products.  Also, very little is
completely "American made" anymore.  Parts, assembling, material, etc., come
from abroad.  The widget makers have fled to third world countries and have
afforded them the ability to develop their own economies.

Skylander