[at-l] Confusering in VT (Walmart)

> That Cabella's (in Hamburg PA)is currently the #1 tourist attraction in the
> state surpassing surpize, "THE LIBERTY BELL", "Do I hear a new ring for
> freedom"???

Is someone holding a gun to those tourists heads?  People will shop wherever they want to shop.  What is your point?

The point is that the mega merchants can buy in huge, mammoth lots, so they get huge discounts buying the merchandise.  They can then sell it for lower prices.  Mom and Pop stores and, yes, our beloved local outfitters, have to pay much more for the stuff they buy wholesale, so they have to charge us more.  Yet, when we're out on the trail, they are the ones who give us the service.  When your pack breaks a gusset, you don't call the mega merchant, you call your local person.

The same is true of medicines.  Our insurance requires that we buy our medicines from a mail-order service, except for things that we need right now, like anti-biotics.  Yet, it's the local pharmacist who will deliver at night, who answers our questions, etc.  What will we do when we've run them out of business?

My soapbox is warming up here.  <G>  Yet, I'm on my way to Wal-Mart in just a minute to buy Murphy's Oil Soap because we no longer have a general store in town.

anklebear