[at-l] Virus Warning on at-l!

Sloetoe writ:
>In the past week or so, I have received messages from
>
>rcli3 at aol.com (2) {Clyde}
>    and from
>ellen_ at ______ (1) {Weary}
>
>These have been pretty routine looking virus messages, with
>attachments going 35-50k, and bland sounding subject headers
>like "Thanks!" or "Your Documents" and such, and no clear
>personalization, so it's clear (to me, anyway) that the From:
>address has been spoofed. But what that points to is that
>someone from this list, who has the three of Clyde, Weary, and
>myself in their address lists, is infected.

I'll add to Toey's lament - over the last month or more I've gotten
incomplete delivery messages - ostesibly sent by me - with the following
destination addresses attached -

burdickb@unicous.com

bwarsaw@python.org

conwayc@nctamslant.navy.mil

sales@advancelifts.com

psm111359@prodigy.net

lgauthier@nicb.org

jday@sofamordanek.com

libbyh@cssdoorway.org

47642520.1.433@mbox.surecom.com

The last one came in about 3 minutes ago.  And I didn't send ANY of those
messages.

Each of those messages contained a virus.   It means that someone out there
has a virus and is spreading it because they've failed to take proper
precautions - and because they've failed to check their system regularly.

In other words - if you have these addresses in YOUR mailbox - then YOU have
a virus.  Please fix it.

Walk softly,
Jim

PS - for Toey - Mags is right - trail community "diversity" is a
self-serving and self-delusional myth.