[at-l] rutland

I enjoyed my stay in Rutland! and I bought two books from a local bookstore
and small camera from ... some store maybe even Wal-Mart..it was a cheapo
Kodak camera cause my more expensive one broke.  but the town had a nice
laid back slow moving feeling. it was the only city I have ever enjoyed
being in. it was not until about 1 year ago I realized the evils of home
depot and Wal-Mart so I never really thought much about them before. I grew
up with them around and it seemed normal to have no local stores. when the
final local store in my home town went under and the star bucks moved in is
when I finally took notice. I don't go into town much anymore. jsut
sometimes to the local grocer which seems to supply better/cheaper vegtables
then the big boys of the grocer buisness. i go to the next town over which
has a local gas station not affilated with a large oil company who sells gas
10-20 cents cheaper then anyone else and an honest to god hardware store.

Rutland felt like home the second I walked into it. I hope Wal-Mart or any
other corporation does not ruin that atmosphere.

wisperlight