[at-l] OT-Confusing about VT

In a message dated 5/25/04 18:03:38 Eastern Daylight Time,
atrailhiker@adelphia.net writes:

> As a matter of fact, NPR stated that there will be SEVEN (7) - yup that's
> right....7 Walmart's constructed in the State of Vermont in the near future.
>
> Holy friggin cow !

I have spent some time in Vermont over the years and I think that Vermont
certainly can absorb 7 Wal-Marts without any problems.  There is Brattleboro,
Bennington, St. Albans, South Burlington, Manchester, Rutland, and several other
cities that would benefit from such stores.  If anyone has visited Vermont and
especially Manchester the number of "Outlets" along Route 7 has been noted.
The mythic "character" of the rural ideal has been breached.  Adding a
Wal-Mart will allow those who live on marginal incomes to find what they need to
enhance their lifestyle.

Hey, there might even be some Backpacking Gear for sale.

Skylander