[at-l] Ocoee

In a message dated 5/25/04 09:10:48 Eastern Daylight Time, mark@mlb.net
writes:

> We saw no one on the BMT, we saw 10+ hikers/day on the AT.  No shelters
> on the small section we traveled -- who needs shelters? Use a hammock!

Thanks.  I used a hammock on several nights on the AT and it was cold.  Of
course, on the AT part of the object for hiking north (or south) is to meet
others who have the same interest.  Yet the BMT seems to offer the solitude that
many desire.  Another thought might include some safety issues with a steady
stream of hikers passing by if an injury prevented walking.