[at-l] Trekking in the Ecuadorian jungle

Hi,

When I lived in Ecuador, I volunteered for a company called Amarongachi Tours for a couple months as a translator. I wanted to let you know about the company in case anyone is interested in trekking in Ecuador. They can be found at http://www.amarongachi-tours.com . All of the guides are indigenous people from the area and translators are available. They talk a lot about the jungle and the way that indigenous people live and utilize it. I would go with the guide and tourists up waterfalls, through jungle canyons, and trips down the R?o Anzu (an Amazon tributary) on tubes. Nights were spent at one of the two jungle camps which are quite well-equipped. It was more like fun than work. I would highly recommend doing a trip. They are quite inexpensive as well. If you are interested in my experiences working with the company, feel free to e-mail me.

David Jessop