[at-l] mags' troll on trail days

>>Without belaboring much further:
>>1) No "Diversity" at Trail Days? For a historian
>>Mags, you're blind --

>>tendance), but are you seriously restricting
>>"diversity" toward race? (You are, you know.)

I'm not, you know. :-)

I said:

"Most (not to say all..but most) long distance hikers
are college educated, come from a more affluent
background than most and are Caucasian. Not exactly a
cross section of America..'eh?"

>>educational and economic to mean anything.

'Cept most are predominantly middle- upper middle
class and college educated. And yes, Caucasian, too.
"Race" was not only the one thing I mentioned. You
seemed to miss the other two qualifiers of education
and economic background.

Thru-hikers do not not exactly show  a broad swath of
America. :-)

Most long distance hikersr I know come from primarily
middle - upper middle backgrounds,
went to college,
and are yes, Caucasian.

Again, that ain't America. Nothing wrong with
that..but it is a fact.

>>hundreds of hikers Mags, and I've met only one that
>>fits your

Good for you! Wish my expeience was different. :-)

>>anyway). Don't denigrate what others enjoy because
>>you don't "get it" as they do.

Oh come on Toey, it is called SARCASM. Poking fun. In
the fine tradition of Mag Magazine, National Lampoon,
etc.

If you take yourself so seriously that you can't take
what is broad, slapstick satire then there is nothing
I can do.

"Busting b*lls" is something I grew up with. My
friends and family use sarcasm extensively...why
should I NOT poke fun at the community I truly love in
the same way my friends and family (who I also love)
do with each other?

Anyway, that is enough from me. Please post anything
else to me in private. As my good buddy D-low said
(another sarcastic guy from the Northeast) "It ain't
all just about hugging trees".

:-)

=====
--Thoreau