trash skirt, was [at-l] hiking with grand kids

Lo, Jan...I never did find out if my watch woke you
the morning you summitted--sorry I didn't know fer
sure how to set it.

Well, I was cold.  I was cold and wet.  Not happy.
By the time I got to Hot Springs, I was ready to spend
the money.  The Red Edge pants I bought have zippers
in the legs so I could doff and don while leaning
against a tree.

I wore 'em up Mt Washington too: windy and cold.

Yours sounds like a high tech version (by the time we
met we were in Maine (hardly any rain)so the "watch"
part of the equation was moot.

I think Colin just cut the end out of a bag and wore
it--it's in one of his books.

--- janl2@mindspring.com wrote:
> >2. Everybody needs raingear. (I tried it with
> >trashbags, including a Colin Fletcher "skirt" and
> >would have been OK in any year but '03. Can you say
> >"miserable?")
>
> Hey Jest Bill,
> It sure was a wet one in '03.
> Here, however,  I must defend the faithful 15-cent
> hefty Cinch Sack trash skirt, weight 1 ounce. I
> don't know about Colin Fletcher's "skirt" but myt
> cinch sack was the only rain and wind gear I carried
> in '03 for the bottom layer. I had yellow rain pants
> for about 3 days and sent them home - hard to get on
> and off over shoes (what, sit in the mud?), beastly
> hot on climbs, expensive, heavier than 1 ounce.

=====
JestBill  Ga--->Me '03