[at-l] Question for Jim Owen and any others who know

>"...According to this source, rather than draw the board of directors from
>concerned members/volunteer leadership at large, these policy making positions
>will be doled out to those who bring in the biggest bucks. ...concerned about
>ATC."

Jim B. is right. I didn't answer his question. I meant to, but goy carried away
with a side issue, probably because I really don't have an answer.

  The theory is that they are going to get experts on the ATC board and experts
  on an expanded staff -- experts in financial affairs, fund raising,
  organizing, land preservation, and what not. My doubt concerns whether these
  talents in the abstract will really work in an organization that requires
  volunteers to do the important day to day work of maintaining a trail.

  But the old system worked only marginally, so I'm going to wait and see before
  criticizing the new. I don't think, however, that the criteria for board
  selection will be who can raise the most money, but who is best able to put
  the organization on a professional basis and therefore allow ATC to resolve
  the numerous unmet needs that exist now -- though most of these needs require
  more funds.

  Weary, who recognizes he still hasn't answered the question, probably because
  the question can't be answered yet. We'll just have to wait and see.