[at-l] GPS question

David,

If you are really serious about using GPS in the third world, you need to
move up to a professional unit from someone like Trimble. The consumer
oriented units by and large are not going to perform adequately for your
needs. They barely suffice in North America.

In relation to your clarification on map and compass and the lack of map
availablility, you might try NIMA for maps. They supply the US Government,
they are a lot newer then USGS and probably at least more accurate than
anything you can obtain from a third world governement.

Lee I Joe

Once I knew where I was going, but now I have  forgotten.  Sometimes my mind
wanders.  Sometimes it goes alone, and other times it takes me along...this
isn't one of those times...