[at-l] so...does anybody know

At 02:54 PM 5/14/2004 +0000, kellygoins@comcast.net wrote:
>I would not go back to my teens for NOTHING.  I don't give a damn in what
>era I grew up in.  You know, for that matter, I wouldn't go back to my
>20s..  I like my 30s.  I like myself a whole lot better now than I did way
>back when.  Now, if I could take all I know now and go back, ya dang
>chippy I'd do it!
>
>GoThirtySomethingVols
> >
> > Jim Bullard wrote:
> > >
> > >Yeahbut, the median income was only $4167 per household. Gas was cheap
> but
> > >tires were crap. They lasted 20K if you were lucky. I remember the
> '50s. I
> > >like things better now (mostly).
> > >

> > I was a teenager in the 50's - I wouldn't go back there for any amount of
> > money.  Or anything else.
> > Walk softly,
> > Jim

Kelly, that's what people mean when they long for the "good old days". They
want the cheap prices with today's income, their young body when they could
go up hills without getting out of breath or eat half a pizza without
gaining weight, to be a freshman in college but already know what a college
grad + 15/20 years of experience knows. They want the good parts of the old
days with none of the sucky stuff we'd all rather forget.