[at-l] "Don't Die On The Mountain"

In a message dated 5/11/2004 10:09:36 AM Eastern Daylight Time, hudsom@us.ibm.com writes:

> I just noticed this book in the new ATC Trail Store catalog. It's
> copywrited 1998 but new to me. Has anyone read this one?
> Reviews
> appreciated!
>
> skeeter

Skeeter -

>From the Mountain Wanderer:

"Don?t Die on the Mountain, by Dan H. Allen, 1998. Don?t be put off by the ominous title. This book, written by a veteran Northeast outdoorsman and trip leader, packs a lifetime?s worth of trail wisdom into its pages. In addition to discussions of weather, navigation, natural hazards, gear, etc., there are sections on decision-making, group leadership and dynamics, trip planning & management, and dealing with emergencies. This book is especially valuable in that most of its advice is particular to our Northeastern mountains. 208 pp, 6? x 9?.
Item #HHT01: $12.00"

Black&blue