[at-l] Trail crew clothing

I spend a lot of time doing trail work. Down here we have a lot of Smilax, I
have seen it as thick as your wrist with thorns an inch or more long.
Somtimes it grows so thick that it can take an hour to cut thru just a few
feet of it. We also have the usual run of Carolina Greenbrier, Huckleberry,
Blackberry and Oh yes, Indian Hawthorne. If that wasn't bad enough, there is
always Spanish Bayonet, NOTHING stops it, it will go right through leather
chaps.

Nylon hiking pants rarely last long in these conditions. Those of us who
have worn them now have a ragged pair of hiking pants...  Like Paul
suggested, I went to the local Army/Navy Surplus and bought three pairs of
tan BDUs. They were relatively cheap, they are durable, they dry quicker
than pure cotton and they come in a ripstop fabric. Although they are now
stained, painted and dirty, I have yet to destroy the first pair.

Lee I Joe

Once I knew where I was going, but now I have  forgotten.  Sometimes my mind
wanders.  Sometimes it goes alone, and other times it takes me along...this
isn't one of those times...