[at-l] flying with gear

At 10:54 PM 5/6/2004 -0400, Leslie Booher wrote:
>UPS really works much better than USPS, sometimes.  I used to UPS our kids
>to college.  By using UPS, for a minimal amount of money, I could send
>enough stuff to school that we didn't have to rent and tow a U-Haul.  It
>was great.  anklebear

I wouldn't bother with expedited shipping though. True story: Two years ago
in the annual exchange of Christmas gifts my father-in-law sent a package
by standard UPS shipping that I received in 5 days (6+ hours away by car).
The same day I sent a package to him and UPS convinced me that because
Christmas was only 14 days away I should pay for "Blue Label" expedited
shipping. It cost roughly 3 times as much and the package arrived *12* days
later. I complained to UPS but never got a response. FWIW I have found that
in recent years the USPS has improved their service considerably while UPS
has let theirs slip.