[at-l] flying with gear

<<If one is going hiking where would the pack/gear be sent?  If it were the
AT a Hostel along the way would be an option.  Perhaps a hotel or hostel in
the West would also be a possibility.>>

Fortunately I have some contacts where I'm heading. I've also picked stuff
up at the local UPS office when it required a signature and I wasn't home
for the delivery, so it MAY be possible to make some kind of a pick-up
arrangement if the stuff isn't sent too far ahead of time.
Don't know about Greyhound. Frankly after hearing some of the horror
stories on this list (Flyin' Brian was one, who was the other???) I don't
think I'd take that route.
I also have no idea what it would cost to ship 20+ pounds of gear to the
other coast...

skeeter