[at-l] flying with gear

Whisperlight wonders about flying with gear.

I did this in and out of Newark back in May 2002. I
bought a large wheeled duffle bag at Tuesday Morning
for very cheap - less than $10. I put rubber tips on
my Leki's. I loaded my backpack, stuffed it in the
duffel and added my boots.

Personally, I wouldn't bring the alcohol but would
purchase it at my destination. I wouldn't worry about
any alcohol stoves.

Newark did a big Xray of my stuff on the trip home,
but I did not have to unpack everything. Think of your
gear much like golfer's gear or other sports' gear.

Bill...
<Heading out for the biggy Rotarian Conference and the
near end of my year.>