[at-l] Hi (OT)

>"...First, Happy Birthday, Weary!!!  How has everyone been?"

Well things here are no where near as exciting as Florida. But we have had a dry
spring, which means the pure marine clay that I use for a garden plot dried up
earlier than usual. (town history buffs insist my property once was mined for
clay to make bricks. I don't know what they did with the topsoil, but I haven't
found any in the last 40 years of searching.)

 Anyway because it was dry, I planted some early season stuff, like peas and
 turnips. And in a weak moment yesterday I put in three rows of corn, which
 local experts say should not go in the ground until the leaves of oak trees are
 the size of a mouse's ear. I checked later. No mouse-sized leaves could be
 found.

 But I'm confident the corn won't freeze quickly. Two inches of rain  fell, last
 night, and my clay mine garden was covered with six inches of water this
 morning.

 I leave in five minutes to join my three kids and a few other folks for a
 genuine restaurant dinner in celebration of number 75. Usually, I'm the chief
 cook around here. So that's a bit of a break. Tomorrow things return to normal.
 My clay mine lawn is greening nicely, so it's time to get the lawn mower out.
 It's only 2 acres so it won't take more than a day for the first cutting. And
 if the forecast calls for warmth, I may try to drain the pond protecting my
 early corn.

 Best of luck, Kelly, with your antibiotic allergies. My rule is to never take
 medicines. The one time I weakened, they poisoned my lungs for a year.

 Weary