[at-l] Another series of trip reports

Figure I'll throw in  a quick Monday trip report.

1) Saturday: trail running.

A beautiful sunny Saturday here in Boulder.  The
spring snow from Thursday  (we always get a snow storm
in April..and one in May) was rapidly melting. The
streams were rapidly full with the snowsnowmelt  the
fairly early hour, hardly anyone was out. All in all,
a gorgeous day for some training!

Sunday: hiking in Golden Gate Park

Another wonderful hike in this gem in Golden, CO.
14,000 acres that hardly anyone seems to use! Walked
through foot hills meadows, looked at the snow covered
divide. Had a decadent launch of briebrieugbaguettes
sliced turkey while sitting in the sun and looking at
he mountains. At this point, after being in CO for
almost five years now, can identify many of the
moutmountainsng the divide. A point of pride that I am
now getting to know many of the mountains in "my"
backyard now! :-)  Looking at the divide, thought of
the trip I can not do this year (sigh)...but did think
if the many trips I will be doing in "my" mountains
this year (Yay!) After lunch we hiked another 5-6
miles back UP a steepish climb and made our way back
to the vehicles. After 10-11 miles of hiking, was a
bit hungry and made our way back to Boulder and had
some yummy dinner at the always post-hike appropriate
placed called "Sherpas" for some yummy Nepalese food.

The owner is an honest to goodness member of the
Sherpa family and has pics of expeditions he has been
on to the top of Everest. A bit out of my league...but
I can still enjoy the food (and bottomless cups of
chai :D).

All in all a great weekend.

Pics at:

http://gallery.backcountry.net/co04?&page=3
Tomorrow night? A sunset hike UP..with a full moon
hike DOWN....

=====
--Thoreau
http://www.magnanti.com