[at-l] Spring Cleaning Questions

Plain white vinegar works well de-stinking shirts.  If it's just the underarms that are the problem, I pour some on the underarms before I throw the shirt into the washing machine.  If the whole thing stinks, some (about 1/2 cup to a cup) vinegar in the wash water works.

Incidentally, if the closet smells, leaving a bowl of ammonia in the closet overnight should work.  Back in the day when more people smoked, I used to put 2-3 bowls of ammonia around the house after a party.  Things smelled much beter in the morning.

Joan--domestic diva
bluetrail@aol.com