From: at-l-bounces@backcountry.net [mailto:at-l-bounces@backcountry.net]
On Behalf Of Jan Leitschuh
Sent: Monday, May 03, 2004 10:19 AM
To: Nicole Markee
Cc: at-l@backcountry.net
Subject: Re: [at-l] another question about breakfast

Nicole Markee wrote:
> Has anyone else read Colin Fletcher's "Complete
> Walker"?  Too bad those bacon bars he waxes poetic about don't seem to

> exist any more.  I'd be all over that.

You may already know about this, and it's not a bar, but there is a
crumbled bacon product. Buy it in the salad dressing area.

  Several companies make them, I'm thinking the yellow package of
Oscar Meyer Real Crumbled Bacon is the one a friend on this list would
send me (thanks, eArThworm!).

I would add it it everything, practically, or just munch it out of the
bag. I remember that a half-bag of that and 20 oz. of water got me up
a post-lunch mountain on a very hot, PUDS-y day in the Smokies, early
on. It has the three main food groups: Fat, Salt and Flavor. Guess I
needed the salt that day.

The Bacon was especially good added to instant Cajun Red Beans and
Rice, one of my favorite meals. A Slim Jim, chopped up, also made this
meals tops in my book.
     	AT Journal:
	http://www.trailjournals.com/Liteshoe/
	Jan Leitschuh Sporthorses Ltd.