[at-l] Spring Cleaning Questions

In a message dated April 30, 2004, Jan Leitschuh describes cleaning her
backpack. She asks, "I remember someone here speaking of a good de-stanker
to put in the rinse water. It was in the context of destanking synthetic
shirts. It was a very simple thing. Was it vinegar, or baking soda or ....?"

- - - - -

I don't know the answer to your question, Jan, but I can suggest a detergent
that's effective in cleaning outdoor gear and removing the stench and grunge
usually associated with it. If I were home I could tell you the name of the
product, but I think it has some kind of generic name.

It's sold in a smallish white bottle and is marketed specifically for
washing all kinds of outdoor gear, including breathable rain gear, fleece
and neoprene. It's about as mild as Woolite. It's concentrated, so a little
goes a long way.

I used to buy it at a local outdoor store, but I found it in the camping
section of Wally World for about a buck cheaper. It's sold in the camping
section, not the detergents section.

I use it for washing my whitewater kayaking gear. Now you want to talk about
stink... That's stink! Phew!

-Jim

Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.
- Steven Wright