[at-l] Delayed AT Section

Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 10:41:07 -0400

Saunterer,

Reference your post, dated 4-24-03, asking, ?Anyone know of any good day
hikes in the San Diego/Carlsbad area??

This is not in that immediate area, but when I lived there, I enjoyed hiking
about in the Anza Borrego Desert, east of San Diego.  You will pass through
Alpine, CA, crossing some mountains on the way there.  You can hike in the
mountains if you prefer.  If you have access to a car, it?s worth the
effort.  There may be bus transportation available by now.

Take plenty of water.  I recall getting my car stuck in the desert and
walking out.  I had taken three quarts of water with me.  I drank one quart
in a single gulp, and the remains of another quart in another gulp, before
leaving the car - - and all I had been doing was driving in the desert.

Enjoy.

Steve